PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : black rolex südafrika militär?

jenss
16.11.2011, 11:58
huh,
stolper gerade über dieses interview mit dem bamford .

ist das qutasch, oder kennt die jemand?

BY CINDY CHAN, 28.OCT
For a man, luxury watches are not a symbol of identity but also a reflection of style and taste. While most people would opt for the more classic and traditional designs, George Bamford has gone the extra mile in making luxury watches a true representation of oneself – by blackening these extravagant pieces.
As a successful fashion photographer, George Bamford is also the innovative mind behind the Bamford Watch Department that helped cradle the new craze for blackening luxury timepieces.
Having been living in New York for the past five years with a passion for photography and design, on the side, Bamford began colouring watches black 10 years ago simply as a reaction of wanting something truly unique and personal.
“On my 20th birthday, my parents gave me a Daytona [by Rolex], it was the coolest present I’ve received in my life. But six months later, I saw three or four people wearing the same thing as me. I realized that’s not personalisation, that’s not unique to me,” he recalled.
At that point, he came across the story of a black Rolex made for the South African military over 20 years ago which got him thinking about the possibility of colouring a Rolex black.
“I heard about this beautiful painted black Rolex that was made for the South African military (painted black so they could use it in camouflage operations). I loved the mythical idea of this watch and decided to make my own.”
Check out our exclusive video on the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève Exhibition in Hong Kong.
He first experimented the blackening process by using military grade physical vapour deposition (PVD) on vintage watches and the product turned out to be unique and successful. The black watches his company produces under his leadership, are not only sold out as soon as they land in stores, they are also hitting auctions and fetching amazing prices. For example, the Bamford & Sons Black PVD Rolex Daytona was sold for about US$48,000 at an Antiquorum auction in 2008.

Bamford & Sons Black PVD Rolex Daytona

Bamford is an avid watch collector, a fascination he adopted from his famous parents, Sir Anthony Bamford and Carole, Lady Bamford OBE. “In 1995, my parents gave me a Breitling Maritimer from 1953. It was the coolest watch I had, it looks like a Daytona but it has this chronograph feel,” said Bamford.

“I collect watches that make me happy. I collect them for myself, and for me the most important watch that I own is one that is uniquely personalised for me.”
And how does this whole PVD blackening work? Bamford likes to call it his own “little secret sauce”, “It’s a recipe we’ve tweaked and perfected.”
Missed the Only Watch auction? Here are the highlights.
But for those who want to get a personalised luxury watch of their own, the placing an order is simple. All you need to do is to go to their website and place the order, the watch will take around six to eight weeks to deliver. The blackening process will not affect the inner mechanism of the watch. Additionally, Bamford will offer its own lifetime guarantee and service for the watch.

The Guru X Bamford Edition

In Hong Kong, watch connoisseurs can find the black masterpieces at the Guru pop-up store in where a special Guru X Bamford edition was made to celebrate the opening of its boutique at the Landmark in Central. The team from the Bamford Watch Department are in Hong Kong every six months to service its clients.

So what next in line for the Bamford Watch Department?
“We are constantly planning. In the next six months we will have a new system coming out. I can’t tell you what it’s going to be. All I can say is: watch this space.”

Der Sepp
16.11.2011, 13:22
Wer ein echtes "Unikat" will, dem empfehle ich seine Rolex Tag und Nacht zu tragen, auch bei für die Uhr gefährlichen Tätigkeiten!

Im laufe der Zeit gibt es dann immer mehr Schrammen, Dellen, Kratzer die jede für sich ihre eigene Story haben von denen man noch seinen Enkeln erzählen kann.

Bei mir ist z.B.

Delle Nr. 25 oben links
entstanden als die Trockenmauer von Tante Erna zusammen gefallen ist

Kratzer Nr. 4 und 7 mitte rechts
entstanden als ich mit der Hand im Laufwerksschacht von meinem Rechner hängen geblieben bin

timschwefel
17.11.2011, 12:32
Yep, Das stimmt! Mach ich mit meiner 14060 auch so. Die is irgendwann so was Unikat, daß ich sie zu Manon schicke..... :D

jenss
17.11.2011, 13:04
hallo , habe die beiden kommentare vor mir leide rnicht verstanden,
aber anscheinend gibt es die wohl doch:

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2445

kennt die denn jemand, ode rdoch legendenbildung, a la pan am?
best
jens

hugo
17.11.2011, 13:10
http://www.bamfordwatchdepartment.com/

kaiserfranz
17.11.2011, 13:28
Ich würde sagen "DAS IST KÄSE" - Bramford macht genau wie Kamal seit ca. 6 Jahren DLC Coating und wer´s wirklich erfunden hat :grb::grb:.....

................wahrscheinlich die Schweizer :D

rolex_6263
17.11.2011, 13:42
..mehr ist das alles wohl nicht. Eine im Nachhinein "gecoatete" Rolex ist eben keine echte Rolex Military (A6538/5514/5517). Keinen Cent würde ich für so einen Quasifake zahlen.:tongue:

jenss
17.11.2011, 14:35
wieso nachträglich,
hiernach ja in den 70ern an südafrikanische miitär geliefert:

siehe punkt 3.)

nix nachträglcih bamford oder pro hunter...

Author Topic
marcello pisani

March 2004
Rolex military deliveries Oct 31, 2005 - 06:32 AM

the correct approach with these "hidden" deliveries in mho is :
a) we must expect to see from time to time watches never seen
before ( in other words < never say never > , as it's nearly
impossible to make a complete "map" of all military deliveries
made from the '50 to now ;
b) when we see for the first time a watch we must check not only
the genuinity of his parts ( case-dial-movement-back.... ), but
ALSO THE CONSISTANCE of the parts , that must match together ;
for example : dial and movement of the same period of the case
and correct for the reference...., inside of the back unpolished
and so on .
c) the other problem is that the military markings were sometimes
made by the factory ( Perù-Chile...... ) and sometimes directly
by the military authority ( UK , Australia .... ).
It's possible that some watches were sold "for military purpose"
to other countries ( for example US ), but for what I have seen
untill now "with my eyes" ( and 100 % genuine in mho ) we have :
1) 6538 sold to Commonwealth ( UK , Australia )with non-Rolex
military engravings , and also to Spain ( I have seen one with
an old written confirmation from Geneva );
2) 5508 sold to the French navy ( without military markings )
3) 5513 "desert sub" with teflon coating ( South African special
forces ) in the '70 , obviously no mil. markings )
4) 1680/6238/6239/6241/6263/6265 for Perù ( markings made at the
factory ) from 1962 to around early '80 ;
5) 5513 for Chile ( as above);
6) 5513/7 for Royal Navy ( markings made by the Admirality ) ;
7) 1665 given ( as a gift ) to the british SAS from the Oman in
the '70 ( only a special dial , but no mil.markings ).
we must however be very careful as there are a lot of fakes in
the market ( like the 1690 "US Marine" or dr 1665 made for the
German Navy...... ).

rolex_6263
17.11.2011, 16:55
wieso nachträglich,
hiernach ja in den 70ern an südafrikanische miitär geliefert:

siehe punkt 3.)

nix nachträglcih bamford oder pro hunter...

Author Topic
marcello pisani

March 2004
Rolex military deliveries Oct 31, 2005 - 06:32 AM

the correct approach with these "hidden" deliveries in mho is :
a) we must expect to see from time to time watches never seen
before ( in other words < never say never > , as it's nearly
impossible to make a complete "map" of all military deliveries
made from the '50 to now ;
b) when we see for the first time a watch we must check not only
the genuinity of his parts ( case-dial-movement-back.... ), but
ALSO THE CONSISTANCE of the parts , that must match together ;
for example : dial and movement of the same period of the case
and correct for the reference...., inside of the back unpolished
and so on .
c) the other problem is that the military markings were sometimes
made by the factory ( Perù-Chile...... ) and sometimes directly
by the military authority ( UK , Australia .... ).
It's possible that some watches were sold "for military purpose"
to other countries ( for example US ), but for what I have seen
untill now "with my eyes" ( and 100 % genuine in mho ) we have :
1) 6538 sold to Commonwealth ( UK , Australia )with non-Rolex
military engravings , and also to Spain ( I have seen one with
an old written confirmation from Geneva );
2) 5508 sold to the French navy ( without military markings )
3) 5513 "desert sub" with teflon coating ( South African special
forces ) in the '70 , obviously no mil. markings )
4) 1680/6238/6239/6241/6263/6265 for Perù ( markings made at the
factory ) from 1962 to around early '80 ;
5) 5513 for Chile ( as above);
6) 5513/7 for Royal Navy ( markings made by the Admirality ) ;
7) 1665 given ( as a gift ) to the british SAS from the Oman in
the '70 ( only a special dial , but no mil.markings ).
we must however be very careful as there are a lot of fakes in
the market ( like the 1690 "US Marine" or dr 1665 made for the
German Navy...... ).

und wieso gibt es dann, obwohl er das gute teil vor sich hatte unverändert niocht ein Foto? jeder hat heute die Möglichkeit ein Foto zu machen (Handy / DigiCam / etc). Nenene....entweder so ein Teiul geht offiziell von Rolex an die entsprechende Stelle raus, oder datt janze is nix. Da kann ja jeder kommen, ein Teil irgendwie abändern und fertig ist die einzigartige Rolex, "Sonderserie"....nene:troll:

Vanessa
17.11.2011, 17:00
Quark....es sind soviele military Uhren bei Rolex gelistet, die NICHT von Rolex gestaltet wurden.

Chefcook
17.11.2011, 17:19
Michi, ich bin schwer von Begriff: Was meinst Du mit der Aussage genau?

Vanessa
17.11.2011, 17:40
MAx, die FAP zum Beispiel wurden nicht von Rolex graviert, die Tudor CI wurde nicht von Rolex graviert, die 6538/A wurde von den MOD geändert und und und- deswegen ist die Aussage Quark "Wenn nicht direkt von Rolex, dann isses nix!"

rolex_6263
17.11.2011, 17:43
Quark....es sind soviele military Uhren bei Rolex gelistet, die NICHT von Rolex gestaltet wurden.

Was soll denn das heissen? Ich gehe zum Konzi, hole mir ne rolex, welche auch immer, coate sie oder mache sonstwas dran, und dadurch dass ich Rolex noix von der kleinen "Umgestaltung" sage, ist sie bei Rolex gelistet?

Der Unterschied zu einer A6538, 5517 oder 5514 ist aber: die Army hat sie so wie sie waren bestellt und auch von Rolex bekommen...:motz:

Vanessa
17.11.2011, 18:10
Der Unterschied zu einer A6538, 5517 oder 5514 ist aber: die Army hat sie so wie sie waren bestellt und auch von Rolex bekommen...:motz:

Zumindest bei der 6538/A ist das falsch- das Blatt wurde vom MOD geändert. Auch bei den FAP wurde die Armee teilweise direkt beliefert, die GRavur aber nicht gemacht. Warum hat man sich wohl in einigen Fällen Asprey bedient, wenn kein direkter Kontakt zum Regime erwünscht war??? Die Uhren sind trotzdem in dem Archiv von Rolex, daher auch die Serial innen!

Vanessa
17.11.2011, 18:10
Wenn ich schon nen Doppelpost raushaue, kann man den anders verwenden:

Zitat: "was Du wollen sagen damit, eh?"

Schwach anreden darf mich hier jeder, den ich mag oder mit dem ich schon ein Bier getrunken habe- an beides kann ich mich im Zusammenhang mit Dir nicht erinnern- also tu mir den Gefallen Unbekannter und erschreck Dein Spiegelbild mit dem Spruch oder geh mal wieder defäkieren.

17.11.2011, 18:59
Die meisten Fotos in der Bamfordwatch-Galerie sehen so aus, als ob es sich um normale SS-Gehäuse handelt und hinterher in Photoshop ein wenig dunkel gezogen wurden. Sprich: als ob sie selbst nicht dran glauben, daß sie den Kram verkaufen würden und deshalb "erstmal" nur einen Photoshop-Dummy gebaut hätten.

Grüsse,

Bernd

http://www.bamfordwatchdepartment.com/

jenss
17.11.2011, 19:37
danke michi für die erklärung!
und nicht ärgern lassen!!!
lg

steboe
17.11.2011, 20:10
MAx, die FAP zum Beispiel wurden nicht von Rolex graviert, die Tudor CI wurde nicht von Rolex graviert, die 6538/A wurde von den MOD geändert und und und- deswegen ist die Aussage Quark "Wenn nicht direkt von Rolex, dann isses nix!"
Hier möchte ich dem Grossmeister widersprchen! Stil und Procedere der FAP Gravur sprechen imho sehr deutlich für eine seitens R. vorgenommene Gravur des Deckels! Vergleiche dazu bitte das " magic hole" !

Vanessa
18.11.2011, 10:04
Ich weiß, Stephen, die FAP wird kontrovers diskutiert....

rolex_6263
18.11.2011, 14:46
Wenn ich schon nen Doppelpost raushaue, kann man den anders verwenden:

Zitat: "was Du wollen sagen damit, eh?"

Schwach anreden darf mich hier jeder, den ich mag oder mit dem ich schon ein Bier getrunken habe- an beides kann ich mich im Zusammenhang mit Dir nicht erinnern- also tu mir den Gefallen Unbekannter und erschreck Dein Spiegelbild mit dem Spruch oder geh mal wieder defäkieren.

Ich denke nicht, dass mein Mail eine derart ungezogene, der Gosse entspringende Antwort verdient. Unglaublich, wer heute alles Rolex trägt. Nun den Dame der Gosse: viel Glück in ihr und dem womit Du dort Dein Geld verdienst!:xmas:

steboe
18.11.2011, 14:48
LOL
nun denn...

Vanessa
18.11.2011, 15:01
Ich denke nicht, dass mein Mail eine derart ungezogene, der Gosse entspringende Antwort verdient. Unglaublich, wer heute alles Rolex trägt. Nun den Dame der Gosse: viel Glück in ihr und dem womit Du dort Dein Geld verdienst!:xmas:

Hach, ich sehe schon, WIR werden richtige Freunde! :rofl:

hugo
18.11.2011, 15:10
anzählen war nicht mehr erlaubt,oder:grb::D

Vanessa
18.11.2011, 15:14
Nee, Hugo, angezählt wird nur der, der es auch wert ist. :D

hugo
18.11.2011, 15:17
:bgdev:

jenss
:gut:

steboe
Aparte Damen passen heid eh gut zum Thema...

Vanessa
18.11.2011, 18:06
...unglaublich, wer heute alles Rolex trägt.... :rofl:

steboe
18.11.2011, 18:08
ich heute Omega!