PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Yachtmaster 16622 vs. Seadweller 16600

ClausL
04.09.2005, 12:05
Dear friends

I'm looking for a new Rolex - either a Rolex Yachtmaster 16622 or Rolex Seadweller 16600; but I have a really hard time deciding which one to go for.

Is there someone who could take som different pictures of these watches (if they owe one/both of them) and eventually describe some the differences between them?

Additional questions: 1) What should be a max. price for a F-serie 16622 and 16600 in good condition alternatively new? 2) Which of them are most scratch resistant? Is the bezel or case of 16622 particular "delicate" to scratches?

Thanks in advance.

Claus ;)

Charles.
04.09.2005, 12:31
It seems that you aren't a collector with a lot of Rolex watches.

Go to Google, "pictures", and type 16622. Yo'll find quite a lot of bad and good ones.

I advise you to take this Rolesium, because it's a multipurpose watch, i.e. a dress watch as well as a sports watch. The 16600 is often seen as dresswatch, but it's a little bit for fans, not for common public.

The 16622 has the "new type" bracelet with full links only.

The bezel of the 16622 is delicate, but it looks well even with small scratches. The watch has a superb dial I've never seen before and it's very elegant.

If you're wearing that watch everytime, think about buying it from an official Rolex dealer. With a discount of 5-15% only (US: 15-25), but fully guaranteed.

If it's for collecting purposes, it does less matter.

I'm owner of both watches, but for me they're part of my Rolex-collection. And of course both are reliable watches.

The 16600 is thick, and it's watertightness is over-the-top for normal use.