PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Shipping insurance...

MorganDK
25.07.2008, 12:09
Hey Guys and Girls!

First of all - sorry for this being in english - I understand german, but its been many years since I was in school, so i'd rather not try to construct a sentence in german. ;)

Second of all - this post has some commercial content - I talked to Percy, and he let me post this, since it's quite interesting for many RLX users.

Ok. Long story short. Shipping watches from one country to another - is a pain in the butt. In the US several companies have offered a "Third Party" insurance system for american watch dealers and big volume collectors. Basically, they offer a insurance system, where the customer ships a package with one of the big 3 shipping companies (Fedex, UPS, DHL) , put a low value on the package, and at the same time they enter the tracking # (airwaybill #), insurance value and destination into a website - and voila - the package is insured.

This way of insuring a shipment is quite simple, but unfortunatly, it has not been offered widely in europe for various reasons. =(

One of the biggest insurance brokers within this field, is Parcel Pro Inc. As of Thursday the 24th of July 2008, Parcel Pro offers these services for european users. There are of course several limitations and requirements in order for this type of insurance to be valid, but to explain it simply, all you need is to create an account with Parcel Pro, register your credit card for payment, and use one of the big 3 shipping proviiders (DHL, UPS, Fedex).

The insurance model can offer coverage from EU to EU country, but also for shipping FROM EU to countries outside EU. Prices depend on value, but they are quite low, and charged in US$ (free money - haha) :gut:

Feel free to check it out, on www.parcelpro.com

I'm the official european agent for Parcel Pro in europe - so I will be answering most questions and if you have any feedback regd. coverage, the web system etc - let me know.

Sincerely,

Morgan Jones
+45-42444404

newharry
25.07.2008, 13:08
Sound's interesting - thanks for bringing it up. Will definitively take a look at it and maybe come back to you with some questions in the near future.

d_s
25.07.2008, 15:10
Hello Morgan,
sounds really good.

What about shipping from UK to Germany? Is parcelforce also possible?

Bye,
Denis

MorganDK
25.07.2008, 15:39
No parcelforce yet. UK -> Germany is supported. Most EU countries is supported.

:)

Morgan

marcel-wien
14.11.2009, 13:07
hi,

wollte mich gerade registrieren. scheinbar geht das aber nur fuer firmen!?!?
hat wer erfahrung mir parcel pro?

Laohu
14.11.2009, 22:51
very interesting thread! I will keep an eye on its development and experience with this method of insuring.