Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
    Yacht-Master

Stiletto Magazine Rolex Special Issue>>>>>>>>>>

A few months ago, "Jocke" post a couple of photos and made mention of the Stiletto Magazine all-Rolex special issue. I was intrigued - I'd never heard of this magazine, so I decided to investigate.

After some research, I found out Stiletto is a French fashion magazine - a very high quality and upscale one at that. I made a few calls to my contacts at Rolex and arranged to get a copy of the issue. I brought the issue with me while I was on vacation (needed to catch up on my reading) The Rolex Special issue has a publication date of December 2008:

I'm quite surprised I haven heard more about this issue - it's positively amazing. I've never seen anything like it. Roughly half of the book are model photos - very artistic photos of women wearing Rolex watches. But the other half is EXTREMELY interesting and unique content about Rolex - the company and their watches. Here's a few examples:

You can count on one hand the number of interviews their elusive and reclusive Patrick Heiniger has given over the years, but I believe the final interview of his career is published in this issue:

The interview isn't terribly insightful however - Heiniger is the consumate politician and says a lot but gives very few details.

Here's an interesting article about Rolex's internal gold processing and foundary at their Plan-les-Ouates facility:

There's also a piece on a subject I've never before seen discussed either online or in print - the division of Rolex called Roldeco. Roldeco produces the showcase materials and window displays which are used in their authorized dealers:

In short, the issue is an absolute must-read for Rolex collectors!
    John B. Holbrook, II
    OWNER - LUXURY TYME: The Rolex Reference Page

Saw it yesterday

Hi John,

Yes, I just saw this magazine yesterday at Fourtane in Carmel. Visited Josh there yesterday and he showed me this copy that he received from his Rolex Rep.

Now, trying to find a copy... (hmmmm)... Google was no help..

-Sheldon
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Rolex Experiences & Information www.minus4plus6.com

Email me your adress, Sheldon. I´ll send you one.
    Gruß, Hannes

ehemaliges mitglied
    Gast
    Wow, cool. Is this magazine sold in stores? Hannes, do they sell it in Germany? I will be back in Germany in May...

Administrator Avatar von PCS
    Blog-Einträge
    Just ask your local dealer, Boris.

(or ask Hannes or me... )
    Gruß Percy

"Ferner wird hier auch auf Ihrem Profil sehr viel Diversität benötigt."

Yacht-Master
    Themenstarter
    US folks - reports are coming in that several people have successfully secured a copy of this magazine from their local Rolex AD.
    John B. Holbrook, II

ehemaliges mitglied
    Gast
    John, thanks for the update, I will check in Chicago with the ADs...

Yacht-Master
    Themenstarter
    Good luck Boris! Let us know if you're successful!
    John B. Holbrook, II

ehemaliges mitglied
    Gast
    I got a German version of Stiletto Mag, same kind of cover, just in German. I will post a pic these days...